Listed Buildings Consent Norwich & Norfolk

You must apply for Listed Building Consent from the local authority planning department if you wish to make alterations to or extend a Listed property.

Firstly contact your local Conservation Officer at the Planning Department and discuss whether or not consent will be needed for your proposed works.  Ask the officer for an outline of acceptable changes and his/her thoughts on your ideas.

When considering alterations, take time to consider preservation of the building, it’s location and it’s stand out features. Things that will enable the building to remain for future generations.

Do contact us to draw up your plans, we are happy to submit the application to the local authority.

Unauthorised works to a listed building is an offence and individuals can be prosecuted.

A planning authority can insist that all work carried out without consent is reversed.